Monday, February 15, 2010

A Valentine's Double Date!

Valentine's Day is one of those days that Jason and I have just kind of passed on by because we don't feel we need to make a big deal out of going on a date when we go out on a date every Friday night.  I think the last time we went out for Valentine's Day was our first Valentine's Day in WA after we got married. 

This year I was trying to think of something different we could do and I came up with the idea of going on a double date with our friends Nick and Lindsey.  We decided to go to The Melting Pot because it's a great place to share a bunch of food and have good conversation.  Lindsey and I also wanted a place where we could get all dressed up!  We made our reservations exactly one month in advance (we were on top of things this year) and thought 8 pm would be a romantic time for dinner.  For never eating there before, I had no idea how long it would take.  We literally were there for 3 hours...but they were definitely 3 very fun hours of eating, drinking, and great conversation!


Jason, me, Lindsey and Nick at The Melting Pot in Seattle


Me and Jason

Nick and Lindsey

Cheers to a special date!!!

Enjoying our main course of meat fondue...yummy!

Lindsey and I got a long stem rose from the restaurant

We truly had a fun time with some great friends!  The food was amazingly delicious (and this comes from a picky eater) and the night was memorable!  Did I mention that the dessert fondue was the best part though?!  I didn't care how full I was by the time that dessert fondue came out!!

Happy Valentine's Day!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, I've always wanted to go to the Melting Pot! You look amazing, Leia. And YEAH for special dates... take 'em whenever you can!

    ReplyDelete