Isn't that a beautiful view from the track of Mt. Rainier?!
Waiting for the race to begin
Once we learned the easiest way to bet on the races we jumped right in with our big $2 bets. Even only having $2 invested in the race makes the race all that much more exciting. I was jumping up and down screaming for my horse to win (according to Jason I was a little too excited). And much to my surprise we actually won on one of the races!!! My whopping $2 turned into $3.60...I was rich!
This is how excited I am to have finally won!!!
This was our winning horse...#7
The races occur every 20 mins or so. So in between each race you have time to go watch them "load the jocks", warm up the horses and make your bets.
Jason watching the horses come out
Getting ready for the "loading of the jocks"
And they're off!!
Overall I would say this was a really fun day! We learned a lot about horse race gambling and still want to learn more. Next up on the "bucket list"...the Kentucky Derby baby!!
By the way, if you have ever wondered how big a jockey is...this might give you a good perspective. I am 5'9" and an average jockey height is 5'3"!

No comments:
Post a Comment