Waiting for things to get moving
By 7:30am we were hooked up to the baby monitors, got my IV put in and started the Pitocin. By about 9:30am contractions started to become a little bit stronger and a little bit more painful. By about noon I was feeling urges to push and sure enough in the span of an hour I had gone from 5cm to 10cm and it was go time!
About 30 mins of intense pushing and no epidural and our newest little daughter Hailey Elizabeth Lumsden was born at 1:15pm. She looked just like her big sister did when she was born except for one thing...BROWN HAIR!!! As every parent probably wonders "how can I love someone else as much as my first born?", we for sure fell in love with this baby girl just as much.
Welcome to the world Hailey!
Daddy finally getting his turn to hold his new daughter
Such a precious little girl
Gramps with his newest granddaughter
Grams with her newest granddaughter
G-ma and her two granddaughters
The Lumsden girls
Cammy learning how to hold her sister
Our new family of FOUR!
Later that evening we had a few of our friends stop by to meet Hailey...
Nick holding Hailey
Lindsey finally getting to snuggle little Hailey
Jami meeting Hailey for the first time
And a short 24 hours later we were discharged from the hospital and sent on our way home to begin our new life adventure as a family of FOUR!!!
Waiting for our discharge paperwork
All dressed and ready to go home!!!
It might be a new kind of crazy in our house, but we wouldn't have it any other way!!!
Cammy loves to hold her "sissy"
Naptime snuggles
(don't worry...I only put Hailey in there as I was waking Cammy up)
Cammy wanted to be just like her little sister :)
.jpg)
I just love birth stories! I'm glad her delivery went so quickly, and you guys got to come home quick too, wow! She is so beautiful, and your family is so blessed. I
ReplyDelete