The Christmas morning clan
Our new family of FOUR...plus Cinderella of course
Matching Christmas jammies!!!
Reading the note Santa left for her
Checking out her first Santa gift
Hailey on the other hand spent her Christmas in laps or her bouncey chair and basically slept through the entire day (except for the rare moment that we took the photo below). What else can you expect from a 2 week old? And lucky for us, we were able to go through just about all of her first Christmas outfits this day because she managed to either massively spit up on each one or destroy it with her poop or pee :)
Hailey's first Christmas
BUT...what I think made this Christmas the most memorable was the dinner portion. Right as we were getting ready to sit down and eat, Jason goes and opens a bottle of wine and accidentally slices his thumb (pretty badly I might add). Thank goodness his mom was here because I am not sure how I would have handled helping him and taking care of the kids! He pretty much went into shock, turned pail and almost passed out. We were so close to taking him to the ER, but decided that his thumb probably wouldn't need stitches. So while Jason, his mom and dad, and me were upstairs dealing with the injury, my parents, the kids and Jason's aunt Faith enjoyed a quiet (not the way we planned it) Christmas dinner. What would a holiday be without a little drama?!
Here's to another year in our books and a lot of great memories made!!!
Merry Christmas 2013 from the Lumsden 4!
Well, I need to check your blog more often. I enjoyed getting updated. Your family is too adorable! And I hope Jason's finger is okay now. Shawn would have fainted for sure.
ReplyDelete