Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Mother's Day is the one day a year that I really look forward to with hopes that I won't have to make a single meal or do any of my day-to-day duties.  I just want to spend the entire day with my little family having fun and enjoying each other.  I mean I wouldn't be able to celebrate this day if it wasn't for my two beautiful daughters...so the day should be about them too!  This year did not exactly go as planned, but I can at least say it will be a memorable one.

The night before Mother's Day Jason got an emergency work call that ended up putting him on the phone until about 2am that night.

On Mother's Day we had plans to go to the zoo.  Little did I know Jason would be on work calls just about the entire day trying to solve the issue at work.  I woke up and fed myself and the girls (Jason didn't have time to eat before we left for the zoo).  I made sure my pets were fed and off to the zoo we went.  First stop...to get breakfast for Jason (Happy Mother's Day to me!).  While at the zoo Jason remained on the phone, but the girls and I made the best of the trip visiting all the animals.  Even our little lunch break included Jason needing to be on the phone.

Hanging with my girls at the jaguar exhibit

Family photo at the kangaroos

Feeding the birds (Cammy was a little afraid)

I was hoping to keep Hailey awake for the bird feeding, but it did not work

Carousel rides with daddy

This is basically what our lunch looked like with Jason on work calls
(but we staged this picture just for fun)

After we got home from the zoo Jason realized he needed to head into work for a bit, so off he went for an hour or so with hopes of wrapping up the issue at work.  I used that time to take the girls and the dogs for a walk (one of those daily chores I was hoping to not have to do on this day).

A picture before our dog walk

Apparently this is a new substitute for her pacifier

We managed to have a phone-free dinner together, which was a really nice change of pace after the rest of our day together.

Dinner time!!!

And even though I would never be angry at Jason for having to deal with something that was out of his control that day, he still felt awful and made it up to me by taking a day off that week to have a re-do of Mother's Day.  I am one lucky mommy and wife!!!

What kind of life would we have if we couldn't look back and laugh at all of these things that happened at one time or another?!

Happy Mother's Day to our two amazing moms, Carol Friedrichs and Glenda Lumsden!  You are two of the world's best examples of what a mom should be like!!!

And thank you Cammy and Hailey for making me a mommy and letting me watch you girls grow and learn every single day!!!!

Me and my girls

No comments:

Post a Comment