It started by only trying to rent one walker for Hailey since I knew Cammy could skate. But Cammy got very dramatic the second we got out on the skating rink so I had to pull them both off and get Cammy a walker too. After both were set with their walkers we hit the floor and of course Cammy took off and Hailey took about 10 mins to get one lap around. Trying to stay together was near impossible. Then as soon as Hailey finished one lap and was ready to do another Cammy tells me she wanted a break, needed water, or needed to go to the bathroom. Well let me tell you, there sure are a lot of logistics when it comes to going to the bathroom in particular: Do you take both kids? Do you leave one sitting on the bench alone? What do you do with 2 giant walkers? You can't take a walker in the bathroom so how does the one child get to the bathroom without a walker? To answer these questions, I sat Hailey down with the 2 walkers, carried Cammy as fast as I could to the bathroom, left her in there to do her business, ran back to check on Hailey, then ran back to the bathroom to help Cammy skate out of her stall and to the sink without falling, and then I carried her quickly back to where Hailey was. Oh the things you don't think about when you volunteer to take 2 kids roller skating solo!!! Then of course when one was ready to skate, the other wanted a break. I just couldn't win. Thank goodness for pictures that make it look like I am super mom and make it look like my kids skated and hung out together the entire time...haha! And thank goodness they allow me to walk around with my kids instead of skate. I would have never survived the night if I was on skates!
Ready to skate the night away
Break time
A rare shot of the 3 of us together
One final lap before we headed home
Can someone tell me when life begins to get a little easier with kids????




No comments:
Post a Comment