Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Baby Shower and Family Fun

My closest college friend, Alli, is also pregnant with her first baby.  If you are wondering, yes we tried hard to time it so we could both be pregnant together.  Alli is having a baby boy named Rylan, who is due at the end of this month.  Her baby shower was in CA this past weekend and I knew there was no way that I was going to miss it.  So I left Jason with the furry kids and headed off to CA.

It was such a great trip!!  Visiting time with Alli has become less and less since I moved to WA, so any time we have together is a special one.  It was such a treat to be able to celebrate this new adventure in her life!!!  And it was a fun little glimpse into the near future when I will be having my own baby shower.

We can't wait to meet you baby Rylan!!!

Baby bumps!!!

Alli and her mom

Me and my mom at the shower

I never make my CA trips simple and relaxing, so we added in a big family visit as well.  We liked to call it a belated Easter with my dad's side of the family.  It was so nice to be all together again and to be able to spend a little extra time with my brother, sister-in-law and my parents.  Family becomes a lot more important when we don't get to see each other as often as we want to!!!

The sibs, just missing Jason

The girls...including the little one in my belly :)

My wonderful family! (a rare picture these days)

Playing pool together before everyone arrives

My grandma trying out my uncle's new Harley (no she didn't want to drive it)

No comments:

Post a Comment