There are quite a few places you can choose from to pick berries at but we were looking for something that didn't require too long of a drive (seeing that Jason's grandma and aunt were already driving to our house from Seattle). So we picked Biringer Farms, which is about 30 mins from us in Arlington.
What an amazing place!!! I was worried that all the good berries would already be picked since they opened this towards the beginning of the month, but I guess having 20+ acres of strawberries helps a lot!
We just had to grab a basket, take a short little tractor trolley ride out to the field and start picking. The strawberries were ENDLESS and I was starting to notice that I was creating an addition to picking them because they all looked soooooo perfect, red and juicy!!! Didn't take us long at all to each fill up a basket and while we worked hard, Cammy enjoyed eating the strawberries as we picked (which they tell you on the tractor trolley that you aren't allowed back on if your face isn't covered in strawberry juice!).
Aunt Faith, Cammy and I headed out to the strawberry fields
Jason and Lolly on the tractor trolley
Helping daddy pick strawberries
(a white hoodie was definitely the wrong choice of color for today!)
Faith and Lolly showing off some of their pickings
The berries smelled so good, it was hard to stop!
Eating strawberries as we picked
Family photo after we finished picking
A messy face= a great time in the fields!!!
Picking raspberries with mommy
The whole group in the raspberry fields
It was such a fun day and I will for sure be making this a summer tradition each year, if not two or three times a summer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment