Father's Day is a very special day because throughout the year I realize that I hardly recognize ALL the amazing things Jason does for this family! He is a hard worker at his job during the day and then comes home (without even changing out of his nice work clothes first) and instantly starts playing with Cammy. He really gets no break between his two important jobs and definitely puts himself last for everything. This is something I probably never really realized as a child about my dad, until now that I have a kid myself and see Jason working so hard. One day just doesn't seem like enough to celebrate all the great things that dads do for their families! It's only fitting to attach a picture of our dads in here to honor them and all they did for us growing up, now and as a grandpa to their grandkids...
My amazing dad, Keith
My amazing father-in-law, Scott
Sunday, June 16th was Father's Day and up until that day we talked and talked about what we wanted to do. A weekend getaway was tossed out there, but never developed on and so that led us to Jason's Father's Day of couch shopping :)
A Father's Day photo pre-shopping
(of course she always smiles in pictures when she is with daddy!)
A Converse kind of family :)
We have been needing some furniture for our front room, which has become solely our playroom up until now, so Jason thought that couch shopping sounded like a fun Father's Day (I don't pass up shopping if that is what he is suggesting). After two hours of shopping we bought a couch and two chairs and I decided to call that Jason's ultimate Father's Day present (of course he got other Pinterest inspired gifts from Cammy earlier that morning).
Don't you worry, I didn't just take him shopping and call it a day. We took him to lunch afterwards to celebrate our new purchase and then because I refused to let him BBQ and I refused to cook also, we went to dinner also.
Part of one of Jason's gifts/projects from Cammy
No comments:
Post a Comment