After a LONG anticipated arrival, Brielle Scotlynn Lumsden was born on Dec. 6, 2015!!
My due date was on Nov. 29th. That day came and went and we found ourselves back at yet another doc appt. This time we scheduled our induction for Dec. 7th (one week after I was due) at 6:30am and I was happy to know that I would not be coming back to any more doc appts for the rest of this pregnancy!!
The day before my scheduled induction I soaked up as much time as I could with my girls and my little family of 4. I also tried to prep as much as I could for Hailey's upcoming birthday party and all the upcoming Christmas events. At about midnight on Dec. 6th (technically I guess it was the 7th) I woke up feeling really crampy, but I just chalked it up to having to go to the bathroom. Eventually I woke Jason up saying that I think I was having contractions. We started to time them and sure enough they were getting quite intense and only about 2 mins apart. I hopped in the shower and got myself all ready for the hospital. We eventually woke up my parents to tell them we were leaving around 1:45am. Contractions continued and the drive to the hospital was a tough one, as sitting was not comfortable at all.
We checked in at triage and waited for what felt like forever to get called back. They asked me a few questions and had me get in a gown. When they saw that I was having contractions pretty close together and couldn't even sit down they knew they needed to check me and get an IV started STAT! Much to all of our surprises they checked me and I was 8cm dilated!!!! I think I vaguely remember saying some sort of profanity in shock! They tried to get an IV in me, but after two tries and no success they gave up and decided to just get me into a delivery room. I think when they found out that this was my third baby and I was feeling the urge to push, they didn't have much time to waste.
Last belly picture in triage before baby
They brought out a wheelchair for me to ride in to the room, but I insisted on walking as sitting felt awful. The nurse walking us to our room told me that if I was going to walk that I had to promise NOT to deliver the baby on the floor between rooms. I agreed.
Once we got into the room I continued to tell them I had the urge to push, so they brought the doctor immediately into the room to check me and I was basically 9.5cm. Since I felt like I needed to push the nurse stretched my cervix a bit more to make it 10cm and then it was GO TIME and no time for an IV! I pushed for 9 short mins and then Brielle was here at 3:39am!!!
Born at 3:39am
First few moments together
Daddy's first time holding Brielle
A not so happy baby
Nurse Danielle taking her stats
Getting her prints done
She's here!
First bath
One alert baby!
It was quite the whirlwind of a labor and delivery that all occurred in a short 3.5 hours!!! What blew our minds even more was that we delivered a baby before anyone was even awake that day and it was still 3 hours before our scheduled induction!! What a fun surprise for the girls to wake up to and hear that their baby sister was already here!
By about 10am the grandparents brought the girls over to the hospital so everyone could meet the newest addition. The amazing Emi Halvorson came and did a little "Meet the Baby" session for us, which gave us some very sweet moments to look back on.
What a special moment to have both of our families there!!
The girls were in Heaven with a new baby to love and Cammy couldn't resist coming back to the hospital again on the day Brielle was born. We even got some special visitors who were dying to meet the newest addition...Nick, Lindsey and Penelope.
Lumsden Party of 5!
Grams and Gramps with Brielle
G-ma and Grandpa with Brielle
Cammy was beyond excited to meet her littlest sister
They love her!!!
Hailey refused to share her little sister with anyone so she laid with her
Lindsey, Nick and Penelope meeting Brielle
Cammy was so excited to push her littlest sister around the hospital
On Dec. 8th we were headed home bright and early. We were so excited that Brielle was here and her sisters were beyond obsessed with holding her and snuggling her!
Just waiting to get discharged
Daddy and Brielle all ready to go home
Going home!!!!
Brielle Scotlynn Lumsden
Born on Dec.6, 2015 at 3:39am
8 lbs. 9 oz.
19 3/4 inches













No comments:
Post a Comment