Of course nothing is ever easy with kids! As soon as we got far away from the entrance and really started our tree search Brielle tells us she has to go to the bathroom. We ask if she can just wait since we would have to walk all the way back and she agreed she could. So we wander a bit farther on the tree farm. At the farthest point now she proceeds to tell us she needs to go potty again. So I leave Jason with the other kids to find a tree while I make the trek back with Brielle to the bathrooms. Right as we get to the bathrooms she tells me she peed her pants and sure enough she did. And what would you know, it's the one time I don't have a change of pants, just new underwear. So I go sit in the car with Brielle and try and dry her pants on the heater vents while I call Jason to just pick a tree and hurry up. Eventually I got her pants as dry as I could and we trekked back out to help find our tree. This my friends is the life of a parent. It's not always glamourous and rarely goes as planned, but one day we will look back on this and laugh. Today might not be that day and that's ok!
Ready for our tree hunt
This girl sure lives the good life
The girls with our tree
Nobody to take our family picture, so Cammy captured this one for us
Helping dad cut down the tree
On our way back to the car
The good news...we found a tree that we all agreed on!






No comments:
Post a Comment