Saturday, January 5, 2019

Girls Weekend in Arizona

Ever since our close friends, Lindsey and Nick and kids, moved to Arizona over a year ago it has continuously felt like a piece of us was missing. So thanks to one of our friends here, Meghan, who was planning a trip to Arizona to see her sister and surprise Lindsey, I finally made it out to see Lindsey and family!!!

This was a total surprise for Lindsey that we were coming out to see her on Oct. 19-21. We had told her husband, Nick, but that was about it. Once I decided to join Meghan, I also got our friend Tiffany on board to come too. It was going to be the ultimate surprise. Of course since Meghan arrived a few days earlier than us and surprised her, Lindsey was suspicious after that that more of us would still be coming. She always knows a way to ruin a good surprise. But it was still fun to show up and see the huge smile on her face when she saw us!

Reunited and it feels so good!

Never having been to Arizona before, I enjoyed driving around and taking in the sights while there. I was in awe of the difference of landscape between WA and AZ...so many cactus!!! And I most definitely was enjoying the warm temps for the month of Oct!!

We didn't waste any time picking up where we left off when they moved. We went out to dinner at the Ritz Carlton on our first night and then hit up the downtown area for some nightlife.

Ready for a nice dinner and a fun girls night out

Oh how I have missed Nick!

The girls
(me, Lindsey, Meghan, Tiffany and Meghan's sister Tamsin)

I sure have missed this girl!!

Rooftop fun

The next morning we played "soccer moms" and watched Penelope (Lindsey's daughter) play in her soccer game. After that we drove around and did some sightseeing, which landed us climbing the giant A for Arizona State University (definitely didn't have the proper footwear on for that climb). We also got to enjoy some AMAZING mexican food for lunch!! And to keep the fun going, we also visited the Desert Museum. That night just us girls went out to dinner and then hit up another part of downtown Tuscon (more the college district this time). I love the bars in Arizona because they have a big outside portion with dancing and games (it was too nice to not be outside at night!).

Watching soccer

Assistant coach Nick and Penelope

A view of Tuscon from the bottom of the A

A look up at the giant A that we would climb

At the desert museum

So many cactus!

Bat ears!

Dressed up and ready for night #2

A fancy dinner before hittin' the town

Cheap fruity drinks for the win!

The next day was our going home day. We used up our time by shopping and having ice cream all before having to go back to the airport. Just in time too because the big storm came in with thunder, lightning and heavy rain.

Slow morning with Penelope

My ice cream flight date

Saying goodbye at the airport

It was not an easy goodbye, but I was sure thankful that I got to do this trip and get a little glimpse into what life is like in Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment