Friday, June 8, 2018

Family Day at Emerald Downs

Well I think I got the major itch for summer because I clearly couldn't wait to go to the horse races (which is an outing that we usually save for our "summer bucket list"). So on May 26th our family and my parents hit the track for a little family fun day at the races.

It was a perfect day of weather with a little overcast and a little sun. Never too warm and never needed to apply sunscreen on the kiddos...total bonus! And the kids were in Heaven with the free face painting that was offered on this special family day. Us parents...we were thoroughly impressed with the detail of the face painting that didn't cost us anything (usually something as nice as what they got done cost at least $15- $20 somewhere else).


Taking over the face painting area

Face painting complete

Cammy is a rainbow fairy

Hailey is Wonder Woman

Brielle is a fox

We didn't do too much betting on the races. We more talked about who we wanted to win and then of course just about every time I would not bet the horse I chose would win. Then when I placed a bet I always lost. It was still a blast and my mom managed to come out ahead from a win on one of the races!!

The whole crew watching the races

Final race of the day for us and we stood right at the start AND finish

A highlight of the races for the girls (especially Brielle, our horse loving girl) were the horses and getting up close and personal with them in between races! We for sure will be back for one more day of horse races this summer!

We sure love to watch the horses parade through before each race

No comments:

Post a Comment