Friday, June 8, 2018

Tulip Festival 2018

April is the month of the tulip festival here in the PNW. And I think this year I really got the itch to go since I didn't make it there last year. Of course once I got there and wanted to take my time enjoying the beautiful flowers I was quickly reminded why I should come without the kids (who clearly don't appreciate just looking at flowers and taking tons of pictures with them...I get it).

Jason's parents happened to be in town during this month, so we finally got to get them back out there and for the first time for his dad. On April 24th we took Cammy out of school half day and we visited Roozengaarde so we could avoid the crazy weekend crowds. In hopes of keeping the kids spirits up during the mid afternoon slump that we all get, we stopped for the giant scoops of ice cream at Snow Goose Produce. That's always one of our favorite parts of visiting the tulips!!

Yes those are ONE scoop ice cream cones!

So much ice cream
(white sweaters was not the smartest decision I have ever made)

The flowers at Roozengaarde didn't disappoint, as always! And I managed to bribe my kids through the flowers to take as many pictures as they would allow me. It wasn't pretty, but we all survived!

Family photo opt #1

G-ma and Grandpa with the girls

Cammy chose red 

Brielle liked the red too

Hailey liked the white

Group shot

Love this little random red tulip mixed with all the yellow ones

Tulips for days!

Side shoulder rides on daddy

One good one after so much whining, crying and stomping of feet

Roozengaarde photo opt #2

Checking out the pretty displays of tulips at the front

A rainbow of colors!

She was done, so she decided to educate us about the types of tulips

Another beautiful month of tulips is in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment